Google Celebrates Bulgaria's National Liberation Day, Too
The starting page of the Google search engine in Bulgaria, www.google.bg, marked Saturday, March 3, Bulgaria's National Liberation Day with its logo.
Bulgaria celebrates on March 3rd its National Holiday, marking the 134th anniversary of its Liberation from five centuries of Ottoman Empire yoke.
The Google Doodle logo featured the famous Shipka Pass Battle Monument – honoring probably the most important battle in the Russian-Turkish War of 1877-1878, i.e. the Bulgarian Liberation War.
The Shipka Monument replaced the letter "L", with the Bulgarian national flag as a background (see screenshot above).
Google Doodle has already featured a number of logos dedicated to Bulgarian national holidays. On May 24, 2011, the Day of Slavic Script and Bulgarian Culture, it was written in Cyrillic, "Гугъл".
On March 1, 2011, the Google logo wore a Bulgarian martenitsa to celebrate the traditional Bulgarian holiday of Baba Marta or Martenitsa, and on September 22, 2008, when Bulgaria marked a centennial of its formal independence from the Ottoman Turkish Empire, it featured the Bulgarian flag.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total