Google Celebrates Bulgaria's National Liberation Day, Too
The starting page of the Google search engine in Bulgaria, www.google.bg, marked Saturday, March 3, Bulgaria's National Liberation Day with its logo.
Bulgaria celebrates on March 3rd its National Holiday, marking the 134th anniversary of its Liberation from five centuries of Ottoman Empire yoke.
The Google Doodle logo featured the famous Shipka Pass Battle Monument – honoring probably the most important battle in the Russian-Turkish War of 1877-1878, i.e. the Bulgarian Liberation War.
The Shipka Monument replaced the letter "L", with the Bulgarian national flag as a background (see screenshot above).
Google Doodle has already featured a number of logos dedicated to Bulgarian national holidays. On May 24, 2011, the Day of Slavic Script and Bulgarian Culture, it was written in Cyrillic, "Гугъл".
On March 1, 2011, the Google logo wore a Bulgarian martenitsa to celebrate the traditional Bulgarian holiday of Baba Marta or Martenitsa, and on September 22, 2008, when Bulgaria marked a centennial of its formal independence from the Ottoman Turkish Empire, it featured the Bulgarian flag.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1792 New Cases, 90219 Active Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Winter is Coming
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 3327 Registered Cases, 151 Deaths
- » GPs Will Issue Referrals for Free PCR Tests to Patients with Sure Covid-19 Symptoms
- » Golden Rhyton Fest: Latest Films Online and Free from 4 to 10 December
- » How to Avoid Depression during Covid-19 Pandemic