Google Celebrates Bulgaria's National Liberation Day, Too
The starting page of the Google search engine in Bulgaria, www.google.bg, marked Saturday, March 3, Bulgaria's National Liberation Day with its logo.
Bulgaria celebrates on March 3rd its National Holiday, marking the 134th anniversary of its Liberation from five centuries of Ottoman Empire yoke.
The Google Doodle logo featured the famous Shipka Pass Battle Monument – honoring probably the most important battle in the Russian-Turkish War of 1877-1878, i.e. the Bulgarian Liberation War.
The Shipka Monument replaced the letter "L", with the Bulgarian national flag as a background (see screenshot above).
Google Doodle has already featured a number of logos dedicated to Bulgarian national holidays. On May 24, 2011, the Day of Slavic Script and Bulgarian Culture, it was written in Cyrillic, "Гугъл".
On March 1, 2011, the Google logo wore a Bulgarian martenitsa to celebrate the traditional Bulgarian holiday of Baba Marta or Martenitsa, and on September 22, 2008, when Bulgaria marked a centennial of its formal independence from the Ottoman Turkish Empire, it featured the Bulgarian flag.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 Vaccine: AstraZeneca and Oxford University Seek Approval after 'Effective' Trials
- » National Operative Staff Holds Extraordinary Briefing. Will Anti-COVID Measures Be Tightened?
- » Bulgarian Hospital Workers Association Creates New Portal for Medical Professionals
- » COVID-19: Mouthwash Can Kill Virus in 30 Seconds
- » Coronavirus: What Has Happened to Us, People?
- » Weather in Bulgaria: New Week Brings along Sunny Days, Temperatures Typical for Autumn