Estonia May Close Its Embassy in Bulgaria
Estonia's government will start discussions on whether the country should close its embassy in Bulgaria, according to a Russian news agency.
The Estonian embassy in Sofia may be closed on December 31 2012, RBK says. After that, the Estonian Ambassador to Bulgaria will not be based in the Balkan country.
Estonia has reportedly analyzed the work of its diplomatic missions abroad, deciding to move its Ambassadors to several Balkan states to Tallinn.
There are some 50 Estonians residing in Bulgaria and an honorary consul is allegedly deemed enough to take care of them.
Estonia's embassy in Bulgaria was opened in 2007, while Bulgaria's embassy in Estonia was closed in November 2011 due to budget cuts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results
- » Macedonian Media: Bulgaria will not lift the Blockade for Membership of RNM in the EU
- » The United States Welcomes the Clarification of President Radev's Position on Crimea
- » Position of the Bulgarian President regarding Crimea
- » The United States is Deeply Concerned by the Bulgarian President's Statements that Crimea is Russian
- » Polish President ready to Mediate if Bulgaria has a Problem with North Macedonia’s Accession to EU