Bulgarian FinMin Opens Special Account for Bonus Return
Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, is opening a special account where returned bonuses of senior officials will be deposited.
Djankov said this special account will give him the possibility to control who is giving back and how much, adding that the decision what to do with thе money will be made later.
According to the Deputy PM, about BGN 100 000 in bonuses must be returned back to the State for 2010. This amount will come from 12-13 ministers and chiefs of political cabinets.
Djankov stressed the mentioned amount is way below the money distributed by the previous cabinet of the Three-Way Coalition. Bonuses awarded in 2011 are currently being checked and include regional governors and their deputies.
The Finance Minister vowed that his own deputy – Vladislav Goranov will return bonuses in the amount of BGN 18 000 he had gotten for managing the Fund for Decommissioning of Nuclear Equipment.
Djankov confirmed that the cabinet had indeed decided that those who fail to return the money will be fired.
Before the regular Wednesday meeting of the Council of Ministers, Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, gave an ultimatum to all ministers, their deputies, heads of political cabinets, regional governors and their deputies to return or donate by Friday all bonuses they have received.
He declared that those who fail to comply will be fired on the following Monday, and appealed to the former cabinet of the Three-Way Coalition to do the same, since they have gotten times more.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend