Bulgarian Cuisine Could Get Protected by UNESCO
Products from the Bulgarian cuisine could be included in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage, said Bulgarian Vice-Minister of Agriculture and Foods Svetlana Boyanova.
Sunday Boyanova was in Paris for the yearly Paris International Agricultural Show.
The Bulgarian vice-minister said that the same protection could be also given to Bulgarian folk arts, such as music, dances and crafts.
Boyanova said that France has already put her cuisine under UNESCO protection.
According to her, nevertheless when French Minister of Culture Fr?d?ric Mitterrand was recently was asked which his favorite food is, he replied with Bulgarian tarator.
The Bulgarian stand at the Paris International Agricultural Show features the Gorna Oryahovitsa sudzhuk sausage, which was recently certified as a product with registered origin by the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Independence Day: No Lights for the Soviet Monuments and in Protest against Russia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 114 Years of Independence
- » Unification of Bulgaria: Celebrations were held in Plovdiv and Sofia
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 137 years since Unification
- » “Book Alley” in Sofia begins with Record Number of Publishers
- » The Bulgarians in Albania Need Support, They Want an Urgent Meeting with President Radev