Bulgarian Police Bust 9 Men, Seize 1000 GB of Child Porn
A total of nine men have been arrested in Bulgaria for spreading child pornography in an international special police operation, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry announced.
The alert about the child pornography ring in question came from Interpol in the German province of Baden-Wuertemberg where Interpol detected IP addresses from 95 countries around the world used for distributing child pornography.
14 of the IP addresses were in Bulgaria which led to the searches and arrests in all major Bulgarian cities – Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Pleven, Dobrich, Sliven, and Gabrovo.
The Bulgarian police have seized over 1000 GB with pornographic images and footage of children aged between 2 and 11.
The nine Bulgarian detainees in the child pornography ring are aged between 25 and 45.
They are to be charged with distributing child pornography on the Internet, which could get each one of them up to 6 years in jail.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Man was Found Dead in the center of Varna, a Murder has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway