Bulgarian Police Bust 9 Men, Seize 1000 GB of Child Porn
A total of nine men have been arrested in Bulgaria for spreading child pornography in an international special police operation, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry announced.
The alert about the child pornography ring in question came from Interpol in the German province of Baden-Wuertemberg where Interpol detected IP addresses from 95 countries around the world used for distributing child pornography.
14 of the IP addresses were in Bulgaria which led to the searches and arrests in all major Bulgarian cities – Sofia, Varna, Plovdiv, Burgas, Ruse, Stara Zagora, Pleven, Dobrich, Sliven, and Gabrovo.
The Bulgarian police have seized over 1000 GB with pornographic images and footage of children aged between 2 and 11.
The nine Bulgarian detainees in the child pornography ring are aged between 25 and 45.
They are to be charged with distributing child pornography on the Internet, which could get each one of them up to 6 years in jail.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today