Kosovo Fans: God Created Macedonians as Bulgarians
Several hundred sports fans in Kosovo's capital Prishtina have sought to offend Macedonia by declaring that God created Macedonians as Bulgarians.
"Bulgarians by God, Macedonians by Tito," read the banners in English of the Kosovo fans during a handball game between the youth teams of Kosovo and Macedonia in Prishtina Friday, apparently referring to former communist Yugoslavia dictator Josip Broz Tito.
They also burned the Macedonian flag. The handball match was organized on the occasion of the fourth year since Kosovo's declaration of independence.
Local commentators said the Kosovo fans had thus moved to respond to provocations that Macedonian fans staged against ethnic Albanians during a recent European handball cup held in Belgrade.
Before the communist takeover of the former Yugoslavia in 1944, Macedonians were considered part of the Bulgarian nation since the early Middle Ages.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Josep Borrell: European Perspective of North Macedonia Has No Alternative
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister to Take Part in EU Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- » German Ambassador to Skopje Takes Stand on Bulgaria and North Macedonia Dispute
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia
- » US Ambassador H.E. Herro Mustafa: Joe Biden Is Unifier, Bulgaria Is Our Important Ally