FIS Head: Bulgaria Fails to Make Use of Sofia's Mountain Vitosha
Bulgaria does not utilize properly the Vitosha mountain located right next to its capital Sofia in order to develop winter sports, according to Gian-Franco Kasper, President of the International Ski Federation (FIS).
"You have very important ski centers – Pamporovo, Borovets, Banskov. The most important place in my view, especially for young people and the residents of Sofia is the Vitosha mountain," the head of the International Ski Federation said, pointing out the advantages of Vitosha's proximity to Sofia, after he met with Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev on Friday.
"Sofia is the only city which has a mountain that is suitable for ski sports, and is more or less, located within the city. Unfortunately, this unique situation hasn't been utilized in the recent years," declared Kasper who is in Bulgaria for the World Ski Cup contests in the Bansko resorts taking place over the next few days.
"Several years ago I had the chance right here to ask the previous Bulgarian President to help for the development of Vitosha not just for the city and for tourism but especially for the young generation, the children learning to ski. You have experts who know how to develop ski sports but they need infrastructure and facilities. I hope that my visit will help for this development of the Vitosha mountain, and for winter sports in this beautiful country," said the head of the International Ski Federation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No More Mandatory Masks on Airports and Planes in Europe
- » Bulgaria Air's Direct Scheduled Flights from Sofia to Crete will Start on May 22
- » No more Flights between Bulgaria and North Macedonia in the Near Future
- » We can enter Greece without a COVID Certificate from May 1
- » The Train from Istanbul to Sofia is Restored from Today
- » The US has revoked the Recommendation not to Travel to Bulgaria