EP to Discuss Dutch Xenophobic Website
The European Parliament has decided to hold a debate at its next plenary session on the anti-European and anti-immigrant website created by the Dutch PVV Party of Geert Wilders.
The debate has been called on a request by Joseph Daul, Chairman of the EPP Group, and will take place on March 13 in Strasbourg at the plenary session of the European Parliament.
"I am angered that anyone could attack fellow Europeans. It is against all European and indeed human values to attack a group of people in this way. It is reckless to encourage hate and discrimination," Joseph Daul said in a statement.
"We especially call on the Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte, to declare the position of his government on this issue and come before the European Parliament to explain his deafening silence on this issue," he added.
On Thursday, Bulgaria's MEPs unanimously expressed their outrage with the Dutch website for complaints against Eastern Europeans that has recently stirred heated discussions.
In a statement on behalf of all Bulgarian Members of the European Parliament, the Dutch far-right Freedom Party (PVV) has been accused of trying to discriminate European citizens through the website in question.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators
- » $40 Million Potentially Dangerous Food Seized in Operation Throughout Europe
- » Bulgarian PM after the EU Summit: Bulgaria Will Receive Nearly 29 Billion Euros in the Coming Years
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov in Brussels: It Is Wrong to Think That We Are at the End of the Pandemic
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria