Berbatov May Make Bulgaria Comeback in Netherlands Friendly
Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov will return to Bulgaria's national side for its friendly against the Netherlands on May 26, according to local media.
Even though there was a chance for a Berbatov comeback ahead of the country's friendly against Hungary at the end of February, the player and Bulgaria's new coach Lyuboslav Penev have both agreed that it would be more appropriate for him to return in May.
The Bulgarian forward is having a tough time with the Red Devils this season, starting just five of their 24 English Premier League matches.
Most recently, he failed to make the Manchester United squad for their Europa League trip to Ajax.
Berbatov quit Bulgaria's national football team on May 13 2010, leaving his tally for Bulgaria standing at the record 48 goals from 77 matches.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia
- » 2024 Olympics in Danger of Failure: 40 Countries may Boycott them over Russia and Belarus
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria