Bulgarian 'Hammer' Drug Dealers Remain in Jail
Bulgaria's anti-Mafia tribunal had ruled late Monday evening to keep behind bars the drug dealers arrested in a special operation codenamed "Hammer."
Suspected drug boss and ringleader, Stefan Bonev, aka Sako, remains in permanent detention as well, and had been charged with organizing a crime group and illegal drugs possession.
Milen Davranski is also charged with organizing a crime group, while another 8 people are indicted for participation in a crime group for illegal drugs distribution and trade.
In their motives, the magistrates point out that there is proof beyond any doubt that Bonev is the organizer of the group, while the rest had been participating in it.
Bonev was arrested at the start of the operation on Friday, together with several other men. Four of his aides aged between 37 and 22 were detained on Saturday, the Interior Ministry announced.
Stefan Bonev, aka Sako, is under investigation on several counts, and is believed to be linked to crime boss Krasimir Marinov, aka the Big Margin.
In searching the homes of the detainees, who had been wanted for some time, the police have confiscated small amounts of cocaine and drug dealing tools.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison