Bulgarian Customs Bust Latin American Cocaine at Sofia Airport
Bulgaria's Customs Agency has detained a total of 4.6 kg of cocaine in two separate drug shipments at Sofia International Airport, the institution announced.
The first shipment of 4.5 kg of cocaine was found in two suitcases carried by a Bulgarian woman arriving from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
She was detained for 72 hours; the cocaine shipment is estimated at 45 000 doses worth a total of EUR 2 M in retail prices.
In a separate case, the customs agents at Sofia Airport captured a 100 gram shipment of cocaine in a parcel sent from Costa Rica. Upon receipt of the shipment, the police detained three Bulgarian citizens from the Southern city of Plovdiv which were the recipients.
Bulgaria is known to have become a major European entry point for Latin American cocaine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia