Bulgarian Police Round Up New Drug Dealers in Operation 'Hammer'
Bulgaria's police have arrested four more drug dealers in a special operation codenamed "Hammer", after already nabbing a drug boss suspect, Stefan Bonev, aka Sako.
Bonev was arrested at the start of the operation on Friday, together with several other men. Four of his aides aged between 37 and 22 were detained on Saturday, the Interior Ministry announced.
Stefan Bonev, aka Sako, is under investigation on several counts, and is believed to be linked to crime boss Krasimir Marinov, aka the Big Margin.
In searching the homes of the four new detainees, who had been wanted for some time, the police have confiscated small amounts of cocaine and drug dealing tools.
Thus, the total number of detainees who have been left in the arrest for 72 hours under the Hammer operation has reached 11, the Interior said.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million