Bulgarian Police Round Up New Drug Dealers in Operation 'Hammer'
Bulgaria's police have arrested four more drug dealers in a special operation codenamed "Hammer", after already nabbing a drug boss suspect, Stefan Bonev, aka Sako.
Bonev was arrested at the start of the operation on Friday, together with several other men. Four of his aides aged between 37 and 22 were detained on Saturday, the Interior Ministry announced.
Stefan Bonev, aka Sako, is under investigation on several counts, and is believed to be linked to crime boss Krasimir Marinov, aka the Big Margin.
In searching the homes of the four new detainees, who had been wanted for some time, the police have confiscated small amounts of cocaine and drug dealing tools.
Thus, the total number of detainees who have been left in the arrest for 72 hours under the Hammer operation has reached 11, the Interior said.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted