Bulgarian Resort Pamporovo Excited about Hosting European Ski Cup
The best racers from 17 countries are set to take part in the European Cup in Bulgaria's top winter resort Pamporovo on February 12-13, 2012.
The slalom competitions will take place on "The Wall" ski piste, which is specially prepared for the big event, BulgariaSki.com has announced.
The countries that have applied to participate with some of the great alpine skiers are: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Czech Republic, Italy, Macedonia, Romania, Norway, Switzerland, Slovakia, Sweden, Slovenia and Japan.
Some of the leading skiers to race in Pamporovo include slalom skier Reinfried Herbst and the renowned Japanese racer Naoki Yuasa. The snow conditions are perfect, with snow cover over 2.50 m, said the organizers of the European Cup race in the Bulgarian resort.
The hotels in Pamporovo have been booked 95% for the weekend of the event, Panteley Memtsov, head of the Rhodope Regional Tourist Association, told Radio Focus on Friday.
He said the thick snow cover in the resort located in the Rhodope Mountains will probably allow the ski season there to continue until May 2012.
In his words, the European Cup ski race is "a great opportunity to remind Europe that Pamporovo is great ski resort with excellent facilities."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Real Estate Prices in Bulgaria Up by 30 Percent over Decade
- » No Road Toll for Serbians in North Macedonia this Summer
- » UK Tour Operators Offer Lucrative Testing Deals to Travellers
- » Italy Welcomes Foreign Tourists Again to Kick-Start Economy
- » Germany Lowered Risk Level for Bulgaria But Three Basic Requirements to Travelers Remain in Place
- » Bulgarians’ Favorite Summer Destinations Opening for Tourists Soon