2 Mild Earthquakes Felt in Southeastern Bulgaria
Two mild earthquakes were felt in the first hour of Friday morning in the area of the towns of Elhovo and Topolovgrad in southeastern Bulgaria.
The quakes measured 3.1 and 3.5 on the Richter scale respectively and were registered a little after midnight, about 260 km southeast of the capital Sofia, the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in a statement.
The tremor was lightly felt in a number of villages in the Tundzha municipality in the Yambol region. There are no reports of injuries and/or damage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"