2 Mild Earthquakes Felt in Southeastern Bulgaria
Two mild earthquakes were felt in the first hour of Friday morning in the area of the towns of Elhovo and Topolovgrad in southeastern Bulgaria.
The quakes measured 3.1 and 3.5 on the Richter scale respectively and were registered a little after midnight, about 260 km southeast of the capital Sofia, the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) said in a statement.
The tremor was lightly felt in a number of villages in the Tundzha municipality in the Yambol region. There are no reports of injuries and/or damage.
- » In the Afternoon from Snowfall in Bulgaria will Stop and the Cloudiness will Decrease
- » Huge 7.5-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Border with Peru and Ecuador
- » Code Yellow For Strong Winds Declared For 16 Regions in Bulgaria
- » Rain Toward Noon, Snowfall in the Mountains
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Highs between 9-14°C
- » The First Storks that Landed in Bulgaria Remind us that Spring Coming