Feb 8 Declared Day of Mourning for Bulgarian Flood Victims
The Bulgarian cabinet declared Wednesday, February 8, an official day of mourning over the tragic deaths of Bulgarian citizens in floods in the southeastern village of Biser.
The information was reported Tuesday by the cabinet's press center. The Council of Minister's is further expressing deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of the vicitms.
All flags at State institutions will fly at half staff Wednesday.
The busted wall of the Ivanovo dam submerged under water Monday the village of Biser, near the town of Harmanli. The village has about 800 residents. Several other settlements in the area were also strongly affected by the raging waters in the aftermath of heavy snow. According to the latest data, eight people died and two are still missing.
- » Five Measles Cases Registered in the Area of Kyustendil
- » Almost 3000 Farmers have Received over 3 million leva for Pest Control
- » Free Parking in Sofia Centre for the Next 3 Days
- » Candidate for the Concession of Sofia Airport Will Build a National Stadium
- » NIMH: Code Yellow Warning For Heavy Rain with Thunder and Hail
- » Most of the High Schools Graduates Will Sit a Biology or English Exam