Bulgarian Smartphone Application to Ease Search for WiFi Zones
The organizers of the Bulgarian "Free Internet" campaign have officially presented a new smartphone application that is supposed to ease the search for free WiFi zones.
The application is compatible with Android and iOS and is available under the name "Free Internet."
"Free Internet" is expected to help users find the nearest free WiFi zones around them and provide them with directions in order to reach them. The application downloads its whole database during the initial installation, so it does not need an Internet connection to find the nearest hotspots.
The Android version of the "Free Internet" application will be preinstalled on all Android smartphones sold by the Bulgarian Vivacom telecom.
New hotspots can be added by users, as the "Free Internet" campaign aims at gathering all hotspots in Bulgaria on its website, osvobodiinternet.com.
The "Free Internet" initiative was launched in Bulgaria in October 2011 and aimed at establishing Bulgaria as Europe's largest free WiFi zone on a single day – October 29, the "birthday" of Internet.
In 2012, the "Free Internet" campaign will aim at including all Bulgarian municipalities willing to contribute towards the establishment of free Internet access, following the guidelines set by the Europe 2020 strategy, the organizers have revealed.
If the campaign turns out to be successful, it will be promoted across Europe, according to Dr. Solomon Passy, President of the Bulgarian Atlantic Club.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year