Legendary Bulgarian Actor Kosta Tsonev Dies at 82
Kosta Tsonev, one of the most beloved Bulgarian actors, has passed away at the age of 82, his family announced.
Tsonev, born on June 10, 1929, in Sofia, died at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, January 25, 2012.
Throughout his career Kosta Tsonev, a graduate of the Bulgarian Academy for Theater and Film Arts, has received three times Bulgaria's awards for best roles in theater, and three times the awards for best roles in cinema.
Some of his most memorable roles were in cult Bulgarian films and TV series: "John Asen's Weddings", "There Is Nothing Better than Bad Weather", "Mr. Nobody", "Die as a Last Resort", "Be Happy, Annie", "A Dog Story without a Dog", "A Home for Our Children".
In 2001, Tsonev entered politics as a Member of Parliament from the National Movement for Stability and Prosperity of former Bulgarian Tsar and PM Simeon Saxe-Coburg.
In 2005-2009, he was reelected to the Bulgarian Parliament on the NMSP ticket from the Sliven District.
- » Max Wright, Who Played the Father in the 80s Cult Sitcom Alf, Dies
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Dies Aged 77
- » The Vocalist of Gravity Co, Yavor Zahariev Passed Away
- » The Legendary French Film Director Agnes Varda has Passed Away
- » The Prodigy Vocalist Keith Flint Died
- » Karl Lagerfeld Has Died at Age 85