Bulgaria Moves to Up its Highway Speed Limit
Bulgaria's government has proposed an increase of the country's highway speed limit to 140 km/h, it was made clear on Wednesday.
The amendment now has to be passed by the country's Parliament. The current speed limit for highways in the country is 130 km/h.
The amendments to Bulgaria's Road Traffic Act will also regulate the so-called "high-speed" roads which are expected to be constructed in the country.
The "high-speed" roads will have two lanes in each direction; however, they do not meet all requirements for being qualified as highways such as an emergency lane, which will make their construction less expensive.
The speed limit for high-speed roads will be 120 km/h.
No existing roads in Bulgaria can be classified as "high-speed roads", while the only completed highway is the 19-km long Lyulin.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria wants from the EC to Receive COVID Vaccines according to the Needs of the Population
- » Bulgarian Posts restored Domestic Money Transfers
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 275 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Business Lends a Hand: Career Forum for Ukrainian Refugees
- » Volunteer from Varna: Ukrainian Refugees Feel Abandoned in Bulgaria
- » Active Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria fell below 100,000