France Sorry for Death of Bulgarian Soldier in Afghanistan
The embassy of France in Sofia has issued a statement of regret for the Bulgarian member of the Foreign Legion, who was among the 4 French soldiers killed Thursday in Afghanistan.
"The embassy deeply deplores the death of four officers of the French forces killed Thursday by an intentional shooting by an Afghani soldier in their position," says the letter.
"Among the victims, chief sergeant Simeonov, of Bulgarian nationality, fell at the side of his French brothers in arms," recalls the statement.
The French embassy clarifies that Simeonov has been since 2002 member of the 2nd foreign regiment of the Spirit of St. Christol, stationed in the south of France.
It says it has expressed its condolences to Simeonov's family, and is staying in touch with them.
The statement adds that a military service in homage to chief sergeant Simeonov will take place next week in France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits
- » US Ambassador Herro Mustafa leaves Bulgaria as an Optimist for the Fight against Corruption in our Country
- » Bulgaria reminded EU Countries that it Does Not Recognize the "Macedonian Language"