France Sorry for Death of Bulgarian Soldier in Afghanistan
The embassy of France in Sofia has issued a statement of regret for the Bulgarian member of the Foreign Legion, who was among the 4 French soldiers killed Thursday in Afghanistan.
"The embassy deeply deplores the death of four officers of the French forces killed Thursday by an intentional shooting by an Afghani soldier in their position," says the letter.
"Among the victims, chief sergeant Simeonov, of Bulgarian nationality, fell at the side of his French brothers in arms," recalls the statement.
The French embassy clarifies that Simeonov has been since 2002 member of the 2nd foreign regiment of the Spirit of St. Christol, stationed in the south of France.
It says it has expressed its condolences to Simeonov's family, and is staying in touch with them.
The statement adds that a military service in homage to chief sergeant Simeonov will take place next week in France.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured