Plevneliev Sworn In as President of Bulgaria
Rosen Plevneliev from the ruling center-right party GERB got sworn in as the President of the Republic of Bulgaria at 10.05 Eastern European Time on Thursday, January 19, 2011.
Plevneliev took his oath of office, and then kissed the cross in the hand of the head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Maxim.
After that he signed his oath; his Vice President, Margarita Popova followed suit with her oath of office.
- » Police Found 6 Tons of Amphetamine at a Port in Varna, Bulgarian Seaside
- » Large Tree Fell on a Car on a Busy Street in Plovdiv
- » Hail and Rain in Lovech, Firefighters Pull up Cars
- » Another 12 Hospitals in Bulgaria Are Facing Bankruptcy, Ombudsman Maya Manolova Said
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius