Young Mother, 2 Small Children Die in Downtown Sofia Fire
A young mother, 25, and her two small children, a 5-month-old and a 5-year-old, perished in an overnight fire in the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The house, which burned, was old and half of it was in ruins, but the second floor was livable, while the basement housed several small shops. It was located on "Cyril and Methodius" street, in downtown Sofia, near the market known as "Zhenski Pazar" (Women's Market).
The call about the fire was placed around 5:45 am Monday morning. Three fire brigades arrived on the scene and extinguished the blaze, but the three bodies were found inside. Ten people were evacuated.
The fire erupted on the third floor of the building. Neighbors are quoted saying that the house was occupied and visited by people dealing with cigarette smuggling. Three or four families lived there.
The authorities are probing the case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Record Price Increase of Building Materials in Bulgaria: Families are waiting for Repairs for Months
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Protests against sending Arms to Ukraine are expected all over Bulgaria
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: Every Tenth Woman has been a Victim of Violence at least once