Heavy Snow Closes Macedonia-Bulgaria Border for Trucks
Traffic of cargo tracks is banned Saturday through the Bulgarian-Macedonian cross border point "Deve Bair," the press center of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry informs.
The Macedonian border and Customs authorities at Gyueshevo have notified their Bulgarian counterparts that they are stopping the processing of cargo trucks coming to Macedonia from Bulgaria and of those leaving Macedonia.
The reason for the move is heavy snowfall on Macedonian territory, with snow not yet been removed from the roads.
The Regional Police Directorate in the western city of Kuystendil have undertaken measures for early warning of drivers.
Bulgarian traffic police is stopping trucks going in the direction of the Macedonian border several kilometers before it to prevent a jam at the cross point. Traffic will be detoured to the Zlatarevo cross border point.
About 10 trucks have been stopped already on Kyustendil's beltway.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria Increases by about 10% in Recent Years
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award