Bulgarian Culture Minister Bashes Gay Community
Bulgaria's Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov has controversially slammed the gay community in an interview for a local magazine.
"I find the gays to be the most unpleasant community, since they combine the worst qualities of women and the most despicable qualities of men," Rashidov has told Biograph.
Rashidov's revelation came after he was asked whether he behaves in an authoritative manner towards women.
"I am not a domineering person, but I have a strong personality. I love it when women have a womanly nature...I can't stand it when a woman looks like a transvestite," the Culture Minister also said.
Rashidov, a prominent sculptor, remarked that he was the only contemporary Bulgarian artist whose work has never included the female body.
"I have always been attracted to drastic things," he admitted.
The Minister revealed that he draws portraits of people he loves in his spare time, including Al Pacino, John Lennon and Hristo Stoichkov.
- » Earthquake Measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale Sensed in Dimitrovgrad and Haskovo
- » In the Afternoon Above the Eastern and Mountainous Regions of Bulgaria Could be Raindfall
- » Emblematic Objects of Bulgarian History Arrive in Sofia State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg
- » Fandakova: For 1200 years now the Cyrillic alphabet is the guardian of our people
- » Valchev: Teachers Should Inspire Children
- » Yellow Code for Heavy Rains and Thunder in 16 Districts in Bulgaria