Bulgaria Greets New Year with Downtown Parties
Most cities and towns across Bulgaria will meet the New Year with fireworks and open air concerts.
Local municipalities have prepared festive programs where popular musicians and celebrities will great residents and visitors. Some will offer the traditional Bulgarian filo dough pastry – banitsa, roasted pork and sweets for those celebrating on cities' and towns' squares. In the first minutes of 2012, the traditional folk dance horo will be performed across the country.
In Sofia, the "Stage under the Stars" is located once again on the "Knyaz Aklexander I" square. The show starts at 10:30 pm and will end at 1:30 am. Performers include popular Bulgarian pop singers Vasil Naydenov, the duo Elitsa Todorova and Stoyna Yankulov – Stundzhi, Miro, Divna, Lilana, the bands "Te" and "Ahat'" and the folk troupe "Gotse Delchev."
Over 140 policemen will secure public order and control traffic in the capital during the event. Bags will be checked for alcohol and flammable substances, which are banned, the police remind.
There are temporary traffic restrictions in the area of "Knyaz Alexander I" square – parking and stopping are banned from 2 pm on December 31 to 2 pm on January 1. Adjacent streets will be closed for traffic between 10 am on December 31 to 4 pm on January 1. The City Hall will close the so-called Blue Parking zone and employee parking in the area.
Public transportation, including the subway will be running all through the night.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s Final: Introduction of New COVID Measures in Sofia
- » Omicron is Overwhelming Hospitals according to Data from other Countries
- » Bulgaria: Deputies and Experts discussed the Draft Law on Protection from Domestic Violence
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Pills cannot Win the Battle with the Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Payment of BGN 75 Supplement to Vaccinated Pensioners Starts on February 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country