Bulgaria Under Code Yellow over Snow
Code yellow has been declared for almost all Bulgarian regions (26 out of 28) Saturday over the forecast for snow and icy roads.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The warning includes the Sofia, Sofia City, Blagoevgrad, Kyustendil, Pernik, Pazradzhik, Plovidiv, Yambol, Smolyan, Kardzhaki, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Burgas, Sliven, Varna, Shumen, Razgrad, Targovishte, Ruse, Dobrich, Silistra, Veliko Tarnovo, Lovech, Gabrovo, Pleven and Vratsa Regions. Only the Regions of Vidin and Montana are excluded from the warning.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 4 and plus 1 degrees Celsius, while the maximum – from minus 1 to plus 4. The snow will begin to subside in the evening from west to east. New Year's Eve will be windy and cold.
The precipitations in eastern Bulgaria will be of rain, but will turn into snow before stopping.
Traffic police are advising drivers to use caution and to avoid travels unless absolutely necessary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Snow with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 2°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 6°C and 11°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max. Temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country