7000 Macedonians Obtain Bulgarian Passports in 1 Month
In less than a month, the number of Macedonians with Bulgarian passports has increased by 7 000 people.
It has reached 42 372 compared to 35 808 a month earlier.
The data comes from the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry.
The reason for this strong interest is believed to be the fact that in 2014 all European Union countries will open their labor markets for Bulgarian citizens.
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry in Skopje are quoted saying Macedonia is monitoring the situation closely, but cannot do anything to counter this strong interest and stop people from obtaining Bulgarian passports.
They say all applications for foreign citizenship are analyzed and as far as Bulgarian citizenship is concerned in particular, the motives are economic and sociologic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria
- » US Ambassador: Politicians in Bulgaria take advantage of Russian Propaganda for short-term Benefits
- » US Ambassador Herro Mustafa leaves Bulgaria as an Optimist for the Fight against Corruption in our Country
- » Bulgaria reminded EU Countries that it Does Not Recognize the "Macedonian Language"