7000 Macedonians Obtain Bulgarian Passports in 1 Month
In less than a month, the number of Macedonians with Bulgarian passports has increased by 7 000 people.
It has reached 42 372 compared to 35 808 a month earlier.
The data comes from the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry.
The reason for this strong interest is believed to be the fact that in 2014 all European Union countries will open their labor markets for Bulgarian citizens.
Representatives of the Foreign Ministry in Skopje are quoted saying Macedonia is monitoring the situation closely, but cannot do anything to counter this strong interest and stop people from obtaining Bulgarian passports.
They say all applications for foreign citizenship are analyzed and as far as Bulgarian citizenship is concerned in particular, the motives are economic and sociologic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia