Huge Gaddafi Gold Cache Uncovered in Libyan Desert - Report
20 tonnes of gold, together with EUR 80 M were uncovered in a hiding place in the southern part of the Libyan desert.
The treasure is believed to belong to ousted and killed former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who supposedly hid it after fleeing from beseiged Tripoli to the south.
Yet to be recovered are 4 more tonnes of gold, as well as USD 500 M, which are reported to have been withdrawn by Gaddafi from the Libyan National Bank.
The cache was found when Libyan authorities intercepted two local treasure-hunters trying to come into touch with Gaddafi loyalists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Indian Parliament passes landmark Women’s reservation Bill
- » Bulgaria and Romania expect to be in Schengen by the end of the year
- » Day 577 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Attack on Sevastopol
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China