Huge Gaddafi Gold Cache Uncovered in Libyan Desert - Report
20 tonnes of gold, together with EUR 80 M were uncovered in a hiding place in the southern part of the Libyan desert.
The treasure is believed to belong to ousted and killed former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, who supposedly hid it after fleeing from beseiged Tripoli to the south.
Yet to be recovered are 4 more tonnes of gold, as well as USD 500 M, which are reported to have been withdrawn by Gaddafi from the Libyan National Bank.
The cache was found when Libyan authorities intercepted two local treasure-hunters trying to come into touch with Gaddafi loyalists.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner
- » Tensions between India and Canada: New Delhi Expelled 41 Canadian Diplomats
- » The EC received Bulgaria's revised Recovery and Sustainability Plan on September 30
- » Day 586 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The EU is convening a Historic Meeting of All Foreign Ministers in Kyiv