400 Romanian Firms Registered in Bulgaria in 2011
A total of 400 Romanian firms, primarily "tax nomads", have been registered in Bulgaria in the past year because of the favorable taxation, according to the authorities in Ruse.
In Bulgaria, Romanian companies enjoy a 4% smaller VAT, and 6% smaller corporate tax, the bTV channel noted Sunday, citing the tax administration in the Bulgarian Danube city of Ruse. Bulgaria remains the EU member state with the lowest tax burden.
The Ruse District tax office collected BGN 1.5 M more in taxes from small enterprises in 2011 year-on-year, much of that coming from the dues paid by Romanian firms.
However, experts have pointed out that the impact from the registration of the Romanian firms in Ruse should not be overestimated. For example, very few of them have Bulgarian offices or even employees permanently stationed in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Dr. Boyko Takov, Executive Director BSMEPA: There is no Universal Economic Cure for all Companies
- » 53% Drop in Passengers at Sofia Airport
- » France is Expecting its Worst Recession Since World War II
- » The ViruSafe App Can Now be Downloaded for Free
- » Pernod Ricard Donates Large Quantities of Pure Alcohol for Production of Hand Sanitizers to Support Global Fight against COVID-19
- » Apple has Manufactured more than 20 Million Medical Masks