Wrestler Zlateva Crowned Bulgaria Sports Personality 2011
Bulgaria's top female wrestler Stanka Zlateva has been named her country's best sports personality for a second year in a row.
Zlateva, who recently won her impressive fifth world title in female wrestling, was picked ahead of swimmer Petar Stoychev, while wrestler Elis Guri was declared third.
At the official awards ceremony that took place late on Monday in Sofia's National Palace of Culture, Zlateva's personal coach, Simeon Shterev, was named coach of the year.
Bulgaria's women's rhythmic gymnastics team, which won gold in the 3 ribbons/2 hoops discipline final at the World Championship in Montpellier, France, received the team of the year award.
Ruzhdi Ruzhdi was named best Bulgarian disabled athlete of 2011.
The bidders from among Bulgaria's most successful sports competitors, teams, and coaches, were picked by sports journalists from different Bulgarian media.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced