Bulgarians Hate, Fear Fellow Citizens - Study
Bulgarian citizens bear heavy resentment towards those weaker than themselves, the rich and the politicians, as well as different ethnicities, shows a study revealed Sunday.
According to the opinion survey by the AFIS agency, 54% would drive away drug addicts from the country if they could, 45% would ban HIV-positive people, 43% would banish the mentally ill.
38% would banish homosexuals from Bulgaria, and 20% would have no Roma, Africans, Asians and other minorities.
Only 14% of respondents said they would drive away politicians, and just 11% said they would drive away rich people.
On the other hand, some 20% of respondents have said that they know people who they see as "above the law".
According to the AFIS study, some 64% of Bulgarians think that crime and prostitution are linked to ethnicity.
41% fear that inter-ethnic tensions might flare into violence, while 26% consider that inter-ethnic relations in Bulgaria are good.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Here's Why Google App on Android Phone Keeps Crashing
- » Three Bulgarian Girls Drowned in Rhine River
- » Celebrities and Religious Leaders Will Try to Convince Bulgarian Roma to Vaccinate
- » Man Attacked with Knife in Sofia Public Transport for "Not Wearing Mask"
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 120 New Cases
- » Bulgaria: Advisory Board on Vaccination to Replace National Coronavirus Task Force