Bulgarian Blog: Non-Protester Is Real Person of the Year
In an apparent attempt to spoof what has been perceived as the Bulgarian society's political apathy and unwillingness to protest, local bloggers have created a parody of this year's Time's "Person of the Year".
The blog, entitled Black Station, has published a "special Bulgarian edition" of Time's page one, claiming that Bulgaria is the only country in which the person of the year is actually "The non-Protester."
"In 2011, the people in Bulgaria who have drunk the same amount of liquor as their body own weight are many more than those who protested," the blog's authors have explained.
The Bulgarian "non-protester" has been portrayed as a man presumably drinking rakiya, a strong traditional Bulgarian (Balkan) type of liquor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Laggard in Healthcare with Lowest Life Expectancy and Highest Surcharge for Medicines
- » WHO Warns: By 2050 A Quarter of World Population Will Have Impaired Hearing
- » Sofia Hospitals Set up Additional Beds for Covid Patients
- » Bulgaria: 19 Women Lost Their Lives Due to Domestic Violence, Children Traumatized Increasingly More Often
- » Bulgaria: Vaccination Sites Have Run Short of Vaccines within Hours
- » Sofia Outstrips Major EU Cities in Private Cars