US Seeks to Partner with Bulgaria in Nanotechnology
Bulgarian researchers should partner with the US in the field of nanotechnology, according to US Ambassador to Bulgaria James Warlick.
During a discussion on the opportunities of nanotechnology on Thursday, the US envoy pointed out that the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) is not only a leading scientific institution in the Balkan country but also internationally recognized in the fields of mathematics and engineering.
Warlick predicted that Bulgaria will establish itself as a leading European country in terms of nanotechnology.
Currently, a total of 226 nanotechnology projects are financed in Bulgaria, 198 of which are being developed by BAS, the academy's head, Nikola Sabotinov revealed on Thursday.
He stated that nanotechnology is viewed as one of BAS's key research directions, Darik radio informs.
Researchers from the academy are working on a robot that can choose which sperm cell has the best morphological characteristics and insert it directly into the ovum cell. The robot is only 4 microns thick and may have various applications in reproductive medicine and other fields.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » EU Health Regulator is Launching a Review of a New Vaccine against COVID-19
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Increase in Clouds and Rain in the Afternoon. Temperatures: 10°C and 15°C
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Fewer New Cases but More Deaths in the Last 24h.
- » 2 days, 3 tests, 3 results: Patients alert for Drastic Discrepancies in Antibody Testing
- » Facebook Removed more than 500 Accounts related to Misinformation on the origins of COVID-19