Rare Bird Eggs Poaching Brit Nabbed by Bulgarian Police
Bulgarian police in the southern Black Sea city of Burgas have detained a British citizen, accusing him of the peculiar crime of collecting the eggs of rare birds.
Collecting such eggs is a crime under Bulgarian and European law, as it is an activity that can lead to significant damage to populations of endangered species.
The unnamed UK citizen, a resident of Burgas has been detained during a special operation of the local police, who had followed his activities for some time.
Upon conducting a search of his flat, police officers found a number of eggs of bird species protected in Bulgaria and other European countries, including vultures.
The undisclosed number of eggs uncovered suggests that the person has participated in or sponsored massive plundering from birds' nests, which manifestly threatens their reproduction.
Further investigations are under way to fully document the activities of the British citizen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police