Northern Bulgaria Sees Record High December Temperatures
A total of nine cities and towns in Bulgaria saw record high temperatures on Monday, according to the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Veliko Tarnovo saw the highest temperature in Bulgaria on December 5 – 22.6 degrees Celsius, breaking the 1985 record for the same date, which was 21.6 degrees.
The other spots that saw record temperature highs in Bulgaria on Monday were:
Vidin – 20 degrees Celsius, breaking the 1986 record of 19.8 degrees
Lom – 18.8 degrees vs. 17.6 degrees in 1986
Novo Selo – 19.2 vs 17.7 in 1986
Oryahovo – 19.6 vs. 17 in 1999
Pleven – 21 degrees vs. 20.5 in 1985
Ruse – 21.4 vs. 20.6 in 2008
Svishtov – 20.2 vs. 16.7 in 1985
Silistra – 19.8 vs. 18.4 in 1985.
Of those, Vidin, Lom, Novo Selo, Oryahovo, Ruse, Svishtov, and Silistra, are located on the Danube, which has been seen recently its lowest levels since 1941 in the Bulgarian-Romanian section.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Yellow Code for Rainfall and Thunderstorms has been announced for half of Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May