'Insane' Norway Shooter Breivik Pleads Sanity
Norwegian terrorist mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has disputed a psychiatry report commissioned by the court which has concluded he is insane and unaccountable for his actions.
"We studied the psychiatrists' report. It contains factual errors, lies and out of context statements," said Breivik's lawyer Odd Ivar Groen for Norwegian paper Verdens Gang.
According to the psychiatry report revealed Tuesday, the shooter suffers from paranoid schizophrenic disorder and needs compulsory treatment.
"To be defined insane is the worst Breivik could wish. That makes him just a madman talking from the tribune," stated then victims' lawyer Anne Selan, as cited by Dagbladet.
The 32-year-old right-wing Christian extremist has been in custody since the 22 July attacks in Oslo and at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya.
The attacks resulted in 77 deaths, 69 of them on Utoeya, and 151 persons injured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission urges Bulgaria to Reduce Air Pollution
- » Nehammer: The EU should Finance the Construction of a Fence along the Bulgarian-Turkish Border
- » Zelensky is Not Interested in Meeting Putin for Peace Talks
- » Attacks on Several Churches in Southern Spain, there are Killed and Injured
- » Day 337 of the Invasion of Ukraine: US Sends 31 M1 Abrams, Germany Sends 14 Leopards, The Tank Coalition Grows (UPDATED)
- » Meta to reinstate the Accounts of Donald Trump on Facebook and Instagram