Major Traffic Accident Blocks Bulgaria's Hemus Highway
A traffic crash involving some 20 vehicles in the Vitinya Tunnel of Bulgaria's Hemus Highway north of capital Sofia has caused a major traffic jam on the road Saturday.
A large freight truck has slid and crashed in the tunnel, after which two further trucks slammed into it, causing a chain traffic crash involving 15 further personal automobiles.
Two persons have been reported hurt in the accident, but the level of their injuries has not been revealed.
A large line has been formed at the site of the accident, and traffic has now been diverted to the old narrow and winding road through Vitinya Pass.
The Hemus Highway is a major road artery between northern and southern Bulgaria passing through Sofia, and forming a key road link between Romania and Greece.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive