Major Traffic Accident Blocks Bulgaria's Hemus Highway
A traffic crash involving some 20 vehicles in the Vitinya Tunnel of Bulgaria's Hemus Highway north of capital Sofia has caused a major traffic jam on the road Saturday.
A large freight truck has slid and crashed in the tunnel, after which two further trucks slammed into it, causing a chain traffic crash involving 15 further personal automobiles.
Two persons have been reported hurt in the accident, but the level of their injuries has not been revealed.
A large line has been formed at the site of the accident, and traffic has now been diverted to the old narrow and winding road through Vitinya Pass.
The Hemus Highway is a major road artery between northern and southern Bulgaria passing through Sofia, and forming a key road link between Romania and Greece.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Golden Autumn, Up to 35 Degrees in October
- » Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria, Day 83
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 276 Newly Registered Cases, 20547 Total
- » New COVID-19 Outbreak in a Sewing Factory in Bulgaria's City Aytos
- » Researchers Developed A Cheaper and Faster COVID-19 Test