Bulgarian President-elect Courts China
Bulgaria's President-elect, Rosen Plevneliev, expressed his warm feelings and hopes of a mutually-beneficial partnership with the People's Republic of China.
"You have in me a friend, who will work for a strategic partnership between our two countries; a partnership that will have real dimensions. Use my warm feelings towards you so that together we can enlarge the horizons of our relations," Plevneliev said during a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador in Sofia, Guo Yezhou.
According to the President-elect, Bulgaria can become even more attractive for Chinese investors because the country is stable in the region and Europe, has low taxes and no State debt.
Plevneliev made the commitment to continue talks with China after taking office in January, 2012.
- » The Regional Ministries of Bulgaria and Macedonia will Sign a Memorandum of Understanding
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the British Ambassador to Bulgaria Emma Hopkins
- » Georgian and Bulgarian Foreign Ministries Have Held Political Consultations
- » Iran Urges Establishment of Joint Fund with Bulgaria to Boost Trade Cooperation
- » PM and Apostolic Nuncio to Bulgaria Discussed Possible Visit by the Pope
- » Bulgaria and Saudi Arabia Sign Memorandum on Joint Bulgarian-Saudi State-owned Company