Overturned Van Injures 8 in NE Bulgaria
Eight people have been injured in a serious accident with a passenger van in the northeastern Bulgarian region of Razgrad, police inform.
The accident happened Tuesday morning near the village of Veslets. The van was taking 13 people from a company based in the city of Targovishte to their job location. All were from the nearby town of Omurtag and were working on construction on the Ruse-Silistra road.
The van overturned and ended on its roof on a straight stretch of the road.
Four have more serious injuries and were listed in the hospital in the town of Isperih – two have chest trauma, the other two are in the intense care unit – one with a stomach injury and the other with a face fracture – he will be transported to the hospital in the Black Sea city of Varna. The other four are in the hospital in the town of Kubrat. All are in stable condition.
The driver is among the injured. He had tested negative for DUI.
The initial version of the police is that the driver lost control on the slippery road. According to unconfirmed reports, the van's tires were not suitable for driving under winter weather conditions.
The investigation continues.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Novavax Covid-19 Vaccine over 90 Percent Effective against Variety of Coronaviruses
- » Plovdiv to Host One-of-a-Kind Comedy Festival in July
- » Never Forget Your Past! New Life for Buzludzha Monument - Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and Moldova Head for Polls on July 11, What Similarities Two States Share?
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 42 Newly Infected, 2 Fatalities
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases