Saif Gaddafi Treated with Respect by Captors in New Video
Video of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi in the first hours after his capture at the weekend has emerged, showing his captors treating him with respect.
The footage of him, filmed before he was moved to a safe house in Zintan, was released as International Criminal Court representatives arrived in Libya to discuss his trial for alleged war crimes.
New footage of Saif al-Islam Gaddafi's first hours in captivity has emerged showing his Libyan revolutionary captors looking after the injured son of late dictator Muammar Gaddafi.
Standing in stark contrast to the behaviour of the soldiers who captured his father, Saif's captors are filmed treating the 39 year-old respectfully.
The fighters who ambushed his car can be seen and heard offering him food and drink, discussing his medical needs and assuring him of his safety in their custody.
With his fingers bandaged after being damaged in Nato air strike outside Bani Walid, Saif even manages a smile after his headdress is carefully removed by one soldier.
Gaddafi's son makes it clear he has not changed his views on the threat posed to Libya by radical Islamists such as Abdulhakim Bilhadj, leader of the Tripoli military council.
Saif warned: "Just give them a couple of months or max one year and you will find out the reality but please don't deny that on the day Saif al Islam was taken prisoner he warned you of all that."
Saif al-Islam Gaddafi was arrested in the southern desert and taken to the town of Zintan. He was caught while apparently attempting to flee the country. He is wanted by the international criminal court, but the Zintan council wants to see him tried in Zintan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner
- » Tensions between India and Canada: New Delhi Expelled 41 Canadian Diplomats
- » The EC received Bulgaria's revised Recovery and Sustainability Plan on September 30
- » Day 586 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The EU is convening a Historic Meeting of All Foreign Ministers in Kyiv