Gaddafi Intelligence Chief Captured - Officials
Libyan revolutionary forces have captured the country's former intelligence chief, National Transitional Council officials said Sunday, as cited by CNN.
Abdullah al-Senussi -- Moammar Gaddafi's brother-in-law -- was captured at his brother's house about 100 kilometers north of Sabha, senior National Transitional Council member Mohammed Sayeh said.
Al-Senussi was in custody in Sabha Sunday, Sayeh said, and authorities planned to bring him to Tripoli to stand trial.
He was not harmed during his capture, said Abdel Hafiz Ghoga, deputy chairman of Libya's National Transitional Council.
Earlier this year the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands indicted al-Senussi for crimes against humanity after the uprising against Gadhafi's regime began in February.
The court prosecutor's arrest warrant said al-Senussi "exercised his role as the national head of the Military Intelligence, one of the most powerful and efficient organs of repression of Gaddafi's regime."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia