Serbian President: No Way We'll Recognize Kosovo!
Recognizing Kosovo as an independent state is out of Serbia's political agenda, the country's President Boris Tadic reiterated as he met with British PM David Cameron in the UK on Wednesday.
"I discussed this with Cameron. Serbia is very honest and straightforward in that respect - Kosovo recognition is out of question," Tadic declared.
The Serbian president expressed his belief that the UK would back his country on December 9, when Brussels is due to decide on its granting a candidate status.
"I trust that Great Britain will support us, but that requires certain prerequisites - continuation of the Belgrade-Pristina dialogue, and before that a solution for the administrative crossings in northern Kosovo," he clarified, as cited by Tanjug.
"We all share the same position and we discussed that at the meeting. We expect to find a solution to the administrative crossings, and we hope that is possible," Tadic commented on the British stand that the prerequisite for candidate status is immediate progress in the dialogue between Belgrade and Pristina.
The former Serbian province broke away in February 2008. As of October 2011, the Republic of Kosovo has received 87 diplomatic recognitions as an independent state.
In addition to Serbia, major non-recognizers include Russia, China, Brazil, and 5 out of 27 EU member states.
Serbia insists that it will never recognize Kosovo's independence and is financing the resistance of Kosovo Serbs to Pristina authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov