Bulgaria's Nationalist Party Ataka Sheds 6th MP
Tsveta Georgieva is leaving the parliamentary group of Bulgarian nationalist party Ataka.
Georgieva broke the news about her departure minutes after filing the declaration to the Parliament's register office on Wednesday afternoon.
Sources close to the matter said that she had been the only Ataka MP to back Budget 2012 at first reading.
Asked whether she was not leaving the nationalists to join the pack of independent MPs who left the ranks of their parties and pledged allegiance to the ruling center-right party GERB, Georgieva said that she had not entered into any dealings.
She explained her decision with the inconsistency demonstrated by Ataka, which had backed last year's budget, but had decided to oppose this year's.
She also said she had left the party over disagreement on fundamental principles, but did not disclose any details, telling journalists to wait for the official announcement of her declaration.
Georgieva is the sixth MP to split from Ataka, leaving the party with a total of 15 MPs in Parliament.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend