Gaddafi Left Millions to Terrorists Willing to Avenge His Death - Report
Late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi left USD 28 M to a terrorist group which was to strike revenge once his regime is over, Egyptian papers have revealed according to ITAR-TASS.
Some six months ago, Gaddafi met with international terrorists in his Bab al-Azizia compound in Tripoli, according to Libyan politician Ibrahim Qwaider, a former Director General of the Arab Labor Organization.
The former Libyan strongman provided the terrorists with USD 28 M in order to execute a plan entitled "Revenge for the Regime's Fall," Qwaider has stated. The money was to be spent on terror attacks in Arab and European cities.
The Libyan politician has further warned that 148 members of the Gaddafi regime have fled to Egypt and are now ready to harm Libya's new establishment using political maneuvers.
"The threat Gaddafi's loyalists are posing remains real, having in mind the proximity with Egypt," Qwaider has pointed out. According to him, the Gaddafi loyalists residing in Egypt may possess up to USD 10 B.
On October 25, Libya's National Transitional Council buried the body of the country's longtime dictator who was killed on October 20 in his hometown of Sirte.
At the end of October, NATO ended its mission in Libya and urged the new regime to build a democracy based on human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Turkish Lira hit a New Record Low
- » The OECD Forecasts Global Economic growth of 2.7% this year and 2.9% in 2024
- » Day 469 of the Invasion of Ukraine: More than 42,000 People At Risk after the Collapse of the Nova Kakhovka dam
- » Earthquake with Magnitude above 5 in Romania, also felt in Hungary
- » The European Commission approved 77 Million Euros in State Aid for Areas with High Unemployment in Bulgaria
- » Iran has developed a Hypersonic Missile