Greek Ministers Hand Resignations to Papandreou
All members of the Greek government have handed their resignations to PM George Papandreou at an extraordinary sitting of the cabinet Tuesday.
Papandreou, who has also promised to step down, asked his ministers to hand in resignations first, which they promptly did.
Earlier Tuesday Greek national TV announced that the PASOK leader had achieved a compromise with opposition New Democracy leader Andonis Samaras for the head of the transitional government.
Papandreou himself has said that the name of the new Greek PM will be revealed before end of Tuesday.
The Greek PM promised to resign after the announcement he will call a referendum on the second Greek rescue package caused alarm in financial markets and negative reactions from EU leaders.
Later Tuesday Papandreou is set to meet the Greek President Karolos Papoulias to hand him the resignation of the cabinet.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st