Busted Bulgarian Olympic Champion: Believe in Me
Stela Boevska, mother of Bulgaria's legendary weightlifter, Galabin Boevski, is convinced her son is innocent, declaring he had always been against illegal drugs.
Galabin Boevski, 36, a Bulgarian Olympic weightlifting champion, was arrested on October 25th for possession of 9 kg of cocaine at the Guarulhos Airport in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The drug was found hidden in special secret compartments inside his suitcase.
"No, never, he had always adamantly opposed drugs and drug use. He never wanted to have drugs in Bulgaria over fears kids become addicted. For him to be transporting cocaine – this is absurd, impossible," the mother said during a Friday interview for the TV channel bTV, pointing out she had almost no news from her son, except one single letter.
"Hello to all, who are thinking about me, believe me – I am not guilty at all; don't be ashamed from me; I love you and hug you; I kiss you," the letter red.
Boevska accused Bulgarian authorities of not collaborating, including with information on the case.
She insists her son's family was not having money trouble and led a normal life.
Several days ago, the Bulgarian Trud (Labor) daily reported that according to the Trade Register, the former weightlifter, who now owns several of Sofia's most upscale fitness facilities, had shares in four companies, whose debt was listed at BGN 2.14 by December 31, 2010, while the assets were BGN 1.83 M.
On October 27, Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Ministry confirmed Boevski's arrest. It was also reported that he had made full confessions to Brazilian authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today