Horrific Car Accident Sends Sofia Teen in Coma
A teenage girl, 13, was hit by a car early Thursday morning while trying to cross a major intersection in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.
The girl was on a pedestrian crosswalk at the busy intersection of the city's Slivnitsa boulevard and Opalchenska street.
The victim has been transported to the Sofia emergency Pirogov hospital. She is listed in critical condition and remains in a coma with numerous fractions and head trauma.
The driver, 35, says he did not see the girl, who, according to reports, was crossing the boulevard in the company of her mother. He remained on the spot and fully collaborated with authorities. His car is registered in the northern city of Lovech.
In 2003, a 14-year-old female student from the American College in Sofia was hit and killed on Sofia's Alexander Malinov boulevard. This incident also happened while the victim was on a crosswalk.
- » How much have the Loans and Deposits of Bulgarians increased Since the Beginning of the Year?
- » The Samples for Legionnaires’ Disease Taken from the Hotel Where the British Tourists Have Stayed Are Negative
- » Russian Humanoid Robot Fyodor's Spacecraft Failed to Dock at the ISS
- » Sunny and Hot Saturday
- » Sofia Residents Will Be Able to Track Information about Upcoming Disasters in the City via Their Phone
- » 9 Kilometers Long Car Queue at The Danube Bridge 2 Border Checkpoint