Public Transport Drivers in Sofia Exposed for Systemic Traffic Violations
А two-day operation of Sofia's traffic police conducted in the capital's urban transport network will result in penalties for 120 drivers of busses and trolleybuses.
The traffic offences committed by the public transport drivers in the period October 27-29 were captured on CCTV cameras, the Interior Ministry's press office said in a statement on Monday.
The inspection revealed that drivers of public transport vehicles traveling along the Slivnitsa Blvd in the stretch between Stochna Gara and Konstantin Velichkov Blvd did not stop in the designated bus stop "brackets" and moved incorrectly on the traffic lane.
Another systemic violation committed by public transport drivers was crossing at red lights.
The most typical infringement carried out by trolleybus drivers in downtown Sofia, especially in the region of the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", was the failure to give way to pedestrians at zebra crossings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven